CBD Merchant Account and Payment Gateway Services
CBD is short for Cannabidiol, which is a wonder of nature to say the least. It is not psychoactive in the basic sense, which means CBD doesn’t make you high. It’s also a different compound than THC, so it won’t show up on a drug test either. CBD is extracted from the leaves and flowers of the cannabis plant, and once it’s isolated from the rest of the plant, it can be incorporated into a plethora of other products, from sublingual oils, to gummy bears and even topical anti-inflammatory lotions.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the most prevalent chemical compounds in the cannabis plant. Unlike the more famous molecule, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is completely nonpsychoactive.
Don’t expect to get “high” off of this natural chemical, however. CBD is all relaxation without intoxication.
While CBD still has an effect on your body, consuming CBD by itself isn’t going to send you on the cerebral adventure associated with THC. For decades, medical professionals and the general public overlooked CBD because psychoactive cannabis took center stage.
There has been positive press recently regarding CBD and is claimed to have many incredible benefits which has spurred entrepreneurs and businesses to start selling this natural supplement.
As great as the product may be, trying to secure a CBD merchant account for card processing is becoming a massive challenge due to the merchant banks and card processors classing it as “High Risk” and simply choose not to process card payments for it, possibly due to reputational reasons.
The mainstream UK merchant banks and card processors will not setup CBD merchant accounts unless you’re a well established seller, turning over millions…..end of the day, its all about the money! (my opinion),
Due to the situation with the merchant banks classing the product as “High Risk” you will therefore need a high risk merchant account
We deal with a number of merchants coming through to us daily telling us that they’ve been given notice or they’ve had their card processing accounts closed down without any notice whatsoever and this is obviously frustrating for these business owners as they’re trying to sell a natural product, which could ultimately help millions of people and also have a big negative impact on the pharmaceutical industry.
Securing CBD Card Processing Services
Here at We Tranxact Ltd, we understand CBD products very well and its benefits and we have teamed up with the Cannabis Trades Association to help its members setup card acceptance.
Having close to 10 years payments industry experience, along with links to many top card processors around the world, we were able to source well established, and reliable merchant banks that will accommodate CBD merchant accounts that come with respectable card processing rates. Get your business up and running accepting card payments within a week. Get In Touch
The CBD merchant account is linked to many recommended payment gateways, so no need to waste time looking for a payment gateway as this is done for you also.
Requirements for high rate acceptance for CBD merchant account
The application process is typically 3-5 working days.
Below are the requirements for the Merchant Bank
- THC level cannot exceed 0.2%
- CBD products can only be sold as food supplements or as an ingredient in cosmetics, and there may be no indication of the product having any medicinal effect or intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease
- If Nicotine is sold, this is High-Risk category, a high-risk fee of 840 EUR will be charged upfront.
- There must be ingredients list on all product descriptions
- There must be trade terms that come in accordance with your legislation
- 3D secure is mandatory on all transactions
Your website must be compliant with Visa and MasterCard rules. Ensure that the following applies to your website(s):
- The customer can easily find clear pricing of every product/service
- The customer can easily find contact information and business location
- The customer can easily find customer service e-mail and phone number
- The customer can easily find “Terms and conditions”
- The customer can easily find refund and shipping conditions
- The Visa and MasterCard logos is visible on your payment page
Please contact us today and lets get your business processing card payments on 0121 792 5367 Get In Touch